Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Winter Meetings
Just for Hawesg......
Tyler Thornburg traded to Sox from Brewers. Travis Shaw going the other way with prospects
#Brewers getting three players for Thornburg: RHP Josh Pennington, 3B/1B Travis Shaw, SS Mauricio Dubon. Quite a haul.
The Brew crew has done a great job with their rebuild as well. This is a great move for the Sox though. The bullpen is pretty darn solid with really good pitcher sprinkled in -- i.e. Kimbrel and now Thornburg.

If they do add someone like Sale, they'll be really dangerous. The offense is beyond stacked and I wonder if this means that they are going with Pablo?

https://twitter.com/Ryan_Spags/status/80...2135049216
BBWAA votes to make all HOF ballots public 7 days after class is announced. Will begin in 2018.
Damn, Boston paid a pretty high price for a one year wonder type reliever.. I like this deal for the brewers.
(12-06-2016, 10:51 AM)Tmac13 Wrote: Damn,  Boston paid a pretty high price for a one year wonder type reliever.. I like this deal for the brewers.

Shaw is not exactly All Star game material, slumped after a hot start, and was going to pressed for AB in BOS; and Thornburg was thought of as a potential back-end guy if he ever got out of the starting role (which is what happened).  I guess I was surprised at the inclusion of prospects though.  I would have seen it more one-for-one.
(12-06-2016, 11:06 AM)FloBrave01 Wrote: Shaw is not exactly All Star game material, slumped after a hot start, and was going to pressed for AB in BOS; and Thornburg was thought of as a potential back-end guy if he ever got out of the starting role (which is what happened).  I guess I was surprised at the inclusion of prospects though.  I would have seen it more one-for-one.

I like Shaw, he is an above average defender, with 20 hr potential. At worst he is a good  lh platoon guy. He never recovered after the  injury and did  slump. KC may not win for another 20 years but they changed the game. Every relief pitcher that signs a huge contract or becomes over valued should send them a commission..
Lots of buzz around Kolten Wong. If Cards get a lit for him I wonder if Jace could fetch something.
(12-06-2016, 11:49 AM)AaronK Wrote: Lots of buzz around Kolten Wong. If Cards get a lit for him I wonder if Jace could fetch something.

Unless its a clear overpay, I would rather keep him.  With Nick and Kemp in the OF, and 2B/3B up in the air, I would rather error on the side of caution.  That being said... someone comes along and offers a ton for him, you have to at least contemplate it. 

I must say, it is refreshing to see the "athletes" coming back, or as they call them "super utility" players being in higher demand now.  Obviously teams still want the big thumpers, but the versatile player is making a  comeback.
><((((º> ¸.·´¯`·.¸¸><((((º> ¸.·´¯`·.¸¸><((((º>

¸.·´¯`·.¸¸><((((º> ¸.·´¯`·.¸¸><((((º>¸.·´¯`·.¸¸><((((º>¸.·´¯`·.¸¸><((((º>

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Mallex Winter Ball Drama AaronK 89 3,024 12-28-2016, 09:30 PM
Last Post: AaronK